Despite The Uphill Road Choose Joy - The Legacy of Geoff Richards
Tuesday, September 10 2019
Does the road wind uphill all the way?
Yes, to the very end.
Will the day's journey take the whole long day?
From morn to night, my friend.
These hard words penned by Christina Rossetti began Geoff Richards’ June 2012 Pilgrim Notes E-mail entitled “The Uphill Road”.
And then Geoff himself wrote: “I trust this finds you well and pressing on to the Proverbs 4:18 Light ahead! 55 years ago marked the beginning of my eternal Journey with Christ, while today in 1968 was the start of a joyful 38-year walk with Jeanne that began in India. The road with Him certainly does wind uphill and the Summit sometimes seems a long way off, but the joy along the Way helps level the path.”
Despite his serious cancer diagnosis from the year before, he wrote about still continuing “on the King’s Highway” – being “well-occupied with Kingdom business” – “sharing Jesus and His joy” – with “multiplied opportunities to speak Life in Jesus’ Name to many… my all-time favourite occupation”.
- Grace In The Wilderness
- You Are Good, And What You Do Is Good
- Strengthened By Grace
- In All Things
- For All Things
- Above All Things
- Before All Things
- With God All Things Are Possible
- And His Name Shall Be Called: Wonderful Counselor...
- And His Name Shall Be Called: King of the Jews
- And His Name Shall Be Called: The Lord
- And His Name Shall Be Called: Mighty Saviour
- And His Name Shall Be Called: Emmanuel
- And His Name Shall Be Called: Son of God
- And His Name Shall Be Called: The Christ
- And His Name Shall Be Called: Jesus
- And His Name Shall Be Called...
- My Neighbours Dirty Laundry
- Stage or Stairwell Living
- Could It Be?