My Life - A Place of Strength
Tuesday, May 14 2019
As we are reading through and meditating on Isaiah 35, we are looking at the five marks that ought to characterize the life of a person submitted and yielded to the kingship of King Jesus. Last week we studied the first mark: My Life Will Become a Place of Beauty and Song.
This week, we will look at the second mark: My Life Will Become a Place of Strength (vs.3-4)
“Strengthen the feeble hands,
steady the knees that give way;
say to those with fearful hearts,
“Be strong, do not fear;
your God will come,
he will come with vengeance;
with divine retribution
he will come to save you.”
What is my life like without the presence of the King? My hands are feeble, weakened from working and serving. My knees are unsteady and weary. My heart is fearful and unsure, filled with insecurities and withdrawn.
But when the King comes, my hands are strengthened, my knees are steadied, my heart is empowered and fears no more.
What brings about this change in my life? “God will come... He will come to save you.” God Himself will bring the strength I need to continue on. He will give me the courage I need to bear the problems and the trials of life, and the determination I need to resist all temptation. He will give me His strength so that I can serve Him, as He puts His strong hand into the weak glove of my life.
As the prophet Isaiah wrote in another portion of his book:
“Why do you complain, Jacob?
Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the Lord;
my cause is disregarded by my God”?
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
Will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
The will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not be faint.”
Dear friend: what is your life like today? Does it continue to be an insecure, weak, fragile and lifeless place? Is your life one of constant exhaustion and weariness? Is it a defeated and destroyed life?
Or is your life being transformed into a place of strength? Is yours a robust life, a vigorous life, a life filled with energy and courage, tenacity and dinamism?
Dear friend: remember - “I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13)
(ideas taken from “Thirsting After God”, by Dr. Keith Price)
- The Battle For The Avocados
- Reflections From Europe: The Bridges of Prague in the Czech Republic - Part II
- Reflections From Europe: The Bridges of Prague in the Czech Republic - Part I
- Reflections from Europe: Stones
- Reflections from Europe: Taste and See
- Reflections from Europe: The Legacy of Wartburg Castle in Germany
- Reflections from Europe: A Life of More
- RESURRECTION SUNDAY: The Word - Isaac Wimberley
- LENT 2020 - So... Who Are You, Lord?, Part III
- LENT 2020 - So... Who Are You, Lord?, Part II
- LENT 2020 - So... Who Are You, Lord? Part I
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I AM, Part III
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I AM, Part II
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I AM, Part I
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega, Part III
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega, Part II
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega, Part I
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine, Part III
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine, Part II
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine, Part I