My Life - A Place of Beauty and Song
Tuesday, May 7 2019
Isaiah 35 speaks of the establishment of the kingdom of God: partially now, in our hearts - and finally, in all the universe. Wherever God reigns, in our hearts or in the world, He is King; and His kingdom comes and transforms everything. Everything that is submitted and yielded to His kingdom, people or things, should be characterized by: the five marks of His Presence.
Today, we will look at the first mark: My Life Will Become a Place of Beauty and of Song (vs.1-2).
“The wilderness and the wasteland shall be glad for them,
And the desert shall rejoice and blossom as the rose;
It shall blossom abundantly and rejoice,
Even with joy and singing.
The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it,
The excellence of Carmel and Sharon.
They shall see the glory of the Lord,
The excellency of our God.”
What is the terrain of my life like, without the presence of the King? It is a desert, a wasteland, and a wilderness. It is a place of very severe climactic extremes: very hot during the day, and very cold during the night. It is very dry and arid. There is hardly any vegetation. There are no people.
But when the King comes into our lives, when the rain of His presence comes, then everything blooms and blossoms profusely like a rose garden. There is abundance. There is beauty. And the transformation from scarcity to fertility brings gladness and songs of joy.
What is “the glory of Lebanon”? Lebanon is a nation in the Middle East, known for the beauty of its landscape, and a symbol of fertility and fruitfulness.
What is “the excellence of Carmel”? Carmel is a mountain range that extends from the coast of the Mediterranean Sea towards the south-east of Israel. The word “Carmel” comes from the Hebrew and means “the vineyard of God”.
What is “the excellence… of Sharon”? Sharon is the most important coastal plain of Palestine, is extremely fertile and is renowned for its agriculture. The flowers of Sharon, particularly the roses, are exquisitely beautiful.
Dear friend: how is your life today? Is it still a desert, a wilderness, a wasteland - sterile and sad? Is it a life of extremes, sometimes very “hot” and other times very “cold”? Is your life dry and arid, lacking gladness and songs of joy? Is it solitary and lonely, sadly lacking the love of God and the love of others?
Or, with the presence of the King and with your heart humbly submitted to His kingdom reign, is your life being transformed into a place of beauty, of plenty and of joy: an attractive and precious life, a fertile and fruitful life, a life filled with gladness and songs of rejoicing?
Dear friend: remember - seek, pant for and cry out to God. "You will seek Me and find Me, when you seek Me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13) Then, having sought and found God, you will have everything. And your life will become a place of beauty and of song.
(ideas taken from “Thirsting After God”, by Dr. Keith Price)
- The Battle For The Avocados
- Reflections From Europe: The Bridges of Prague in the Czech Republic - Part II
- Reflections From Europe: The Bridges of Prague in the Czech Republic - Part I
- Reflections from Europe: Stones
- Reflections from Europe: Taste and See
- Reflections from Europe: The Legacy of Wartburg Castle in Germany
- Reflections from Europe: A Life of More
- RESURRECTION SUNDAY: The Word - Isaac Wimberley
- LENT 2020 - So... Who Are You, Lord?, Part III
- LENT 2020 - So... Who Are You, Lord?, Part II
- LENT 2020 - So... Who Are You, Lord? Part I
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I AM, Part III
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I AM, Part II
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I AM, Part I
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega, Part III
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega, Part II
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega, Part I
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine, Part III
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine, Part II
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine, Part I