God Sees You
Monday November 5, 2018
Do you sometimes or almost always think that God doesn’t see you? That from His place high up in the heavens He’s not looking at you?
Psalm 33 says that “The Lord looks down from heaven; he sees every human being. From his dwelling place God observes all who live on earth.” (vs.13,14 - CEB)
Even with more than 7,000,000,000 people living on the earth at this moment, the Bible declares that God sees “every” human being and that He observes “all” who live on earth – including you.
Or maybe you think that if He does see you, He looks at you disinterestedly and indifferently? Or with weariness and impatience? With frustration and anger? Or even accusingly, condemningly?
The same psalm says that He “is the one who made all their hearts” and the one who knows everything they do.” (v.15 - CEB)
I ask you: ¿have you ever created something apathetically or carelessly? Probably not. Well, God doesn’t either. When He formed your heart – as He did the heart of every human being – He did it carefully and lovingly, because a heart is always fashioned with painstaking enthusiasm. And now, He still watches over you and is attentive to all you do. You – who you are and what you do – God sees it all, and it all matters to Him. He sees everything about you through the eternal love with which He loves you (Jeremiah 31:3).
The psalm continues, saying that God’s eyes watch over you:
- to pour His faithful love on you (v.18)
- to deliver your soul from death (v.19)
- to keep you alive during a famine (v.19)
- to be your help when you’re in need or in trouble (v.20)
- to be your shield of protection when you’re in danger (v.20)
- and again, to surround you with His faithful love (v.22)
Many years ago, a very humble Egyptian slave named Hagar learned this amazing truth, when she was sent in exile to a desert, and ended up discovering God there; discovering Him, and discovering the fact that, although she was a simple servant, wandering aimlessly and lost in the desert with only her small son, God saw her and was concerned about her. “She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: ““You are the God who sees me [El Roi],” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.”” (Genesis 16:13)
Do you really think that God doesn’t see you? Of course He sees you. He saw a simple and humble Egyptian slave named Hagar - He sees all who live on earth - He sees YOU. Are you afraid you don’t matter to Him? Of course you matter to Him. Hagar mattered to Him - every man and every woman matters to Him - YOU matter to Him.
Dear friend: you only have to fear and honor Him in your life. You only have to trust in His holy Name, in the words He says to you, and in the promises He gives you. You only have to hope in Him (v.20) and continue to wait for Him (v.22) - and in His faithful love which He longs to pour out on you.
Never again need you think or fear that you walk alone, unnoticed and abandoned on the earth. Be convinced and fully trust that Someone in the heavens sees you, values you, and is by your side to hold you up and help you in everything.
And so, may your heart always rejoice in Him (v.21).
- New Things
- Choosing One of Two Pains
- So... Who Are You, Lord? - PART III
- So... Who Are You, Lord? - PART II
- So... Who Are You, Lord? - PART I
- Jesus Said: I AM - Part III
- Jesus Said: I AM - Part II
- Jesus Said: I AM - Part I
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part III
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part II
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part I
- Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine - Part III
- Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine - Part II
- Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine - Part I
- Jesus Said: I Am The Way, The Truth and The Life
- Jesus Said: I Am The Resurrection and The Life
- Jesus Said: I Am The Good Shepherd - Part II
- Jesus Said: I Am The Good Shepherd - Part I
- Jesus Said: I Am The Door of The Sheep
- Jesus Said: I Am The Light of The World