And God Said... And It Was So
Tuesday, February 13 2018
“And God said… and it was so.”
Those words are written seven times in the first chapter of the first book of the Bible – in Genesis 1, the story of the beginning of all things.
On each of the six days when God was busy creating, He spoke – and what He spoke came into existence just as He had said.
Light. An expanse called Heaven. The Earth and the Seas. Plants and fruit trees. The sun, moon and stars. Sea creatures and winged birds. All the living creatures of the earth.
And finally man and woman, in His own image and likeness.
Every time God spoke and it was so, He saw that it was good. In fact, on the evening of the sixth day, “God saw everything He had made, and behold, it was very good”. (v.31)
“And God said… and it was so.”
If that was true then, and God is unchanging as He is (Malachi 3:6), then it is true today as well.
God says something… and it is so.
For me. For you.
God speaks a promise from His Word to me, and it is so.
God affirms His truth and hope and courage to my soul, and it is so.
God declares His eternal love (Jeremiah 31:3) and His everlasting faithfulness (Psalm 119:90) to me, and it is so.
If He has promised to care for me (1 Peter 5:7), why do I doubt? He has said it… it is so.
If He has assured me that I am worth more than many birds and myriads of flowers that He watches over with tenderness, why do I fear that He will not watch over me with even greater kindness? (Matthew 6:26) He has said it... it is so.
If He has stated that confessed sin will always be forgiven and cleansed, why do I wonder if I have truly been pardoned or not? (1 John 1:9) He has said it... it is so.
If He has said: "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10), why am I afraid and anxious about anything? He has said that He is with me always to give me His strength and to help me and to hold onto me with His victorious right hand. He has said it... it is so.
As it was in the beginning of time, so it is today still: "And God said… and it was so.” - "And God says... and it is so."
And as it was when He was creating all things, everything that He says and everything that He does today still, is "very good".
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part III
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part II
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part I
- Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine - Part III
- Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine - Part II
- Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine - Part I
- Jesus Said: I Am The Way, The Truth and The Life
- Jesus Said: I Am The Resurrection and The Life
- Jesus Said: I Am The Good Shepherd - Part II
- Jesus Said: I Am The Good Shepherd - Part I
- Jesus Said: I Am The Door of The Sheep
- Jesus Said: I Am The Light of The World
- Jesus Said: I Am The Bread of Life
- Who Are You, Lord?
- Hope For The Hard Times
- In Gods Grip
- 50:20 Vision
- Slain - In The Shadow of The Almighty
- He Had No Rights. And I?