Lent Day 3 - LIFE OF CHRIST, by Fulton Sheen
LENT DAY 3 – Friday February 16
“The Lord to be born of Mary is the only Person in the world Who ever had a prehistory… in the bosom of the Eternal Father… His beginning in time as man was without beginning as God in the agelessness of eternity.
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God; and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him, and without Him was made nothing that was made.” (John 1:1-3)
“In the beginning was the Word.” Whatever there is in the world, is made according to the thought of God, for all things postulate thought. Every bird, every flower, every tree was made according to an idea existing in the Divine Mind. Greek philosophers held that thought was abstract. Now, the Thought or Word of God is revealed as Personal. Wisdom is vested in Personality. Prior to His earthly existence, Jesus Christ is eternally God, the Wisdom, the Thought of the Father. In His earthly existence, He is that Thought or Word of God speaking to men.”
(Chapter 1, pgs. 38-39)
- Jesus Said: I Am The Good Shepherd - Part I
- Jesus Said: I Am The Door of The Sheep
- Jesus Said: I Am The Light of The World
- Jesus Said: I Am The Bread of Life
- Who Are You, Lord?
- Hope For The Hard Times
- In Gods Grip
- 50:20 Vision
- Slain - In The Shadow of The Almighty
- He Had No Rights. And I?
- A Crushed Head, A Dead Serpent: An Eternal Victory!
- Surely The Arm of the Lord Is Not Too Short To Save
- The Rubber Band
- From My Mothers Womb
- And God Separated
- The Man Billy Graham - His Legacy
- The Man Billy Graham - II
- The Man Billy Graham - I
- And God Said... And It Was So