Lent Day 3 - LIFE OF CHRIST, by Fulton Sheen
LENT DAY 3 – Friday February 16
“The Lord to be born of Mary is the only Person in the world Who ever had a prehistory… in the bosom of the Eternal Father… His beginning in time as man was without beginning as God in the agelessness of eternity.
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God; and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him, and without Him was made nothing that was made.” (John 1:1-3)
“In the beginning was the Word.” Whatever there is in the world, is made according to the thought of God, for all things postulate thought. Every bird, every flower, every tree was made according to an idea existing in the Divine Mind. Greek philosophers held that thought was abstract. Now, the Thought or Word of God is revealed as Personal. Wisdom is vested in Personality. Prior to His earthly existence, Jesus Christ is eternally God, the Wisdom, the Thought of the Father. In His earthly existence, He is that Thought or Word of God speaking to men.”
(Chapter 1, pgs. 38-39)
- What Man Is This?
- What Child Is This?
- What Babe Is This?
- Why Mary?
- The Tradition of ADVENT
- Joy - Part III
- Joy - Part II
- Joy - Part I
- New Things
- God Sees You
- Choosing One of Two Pains
- So... Who Are You, Lord? - PART III
- So... Who Are You, Lord? - PART II
- So... Who Are You, Lord? - PART I
- Jesus Said: I AM - Part III
- Jesus Said: I AM - Part II
- Jesus Said: I AM - Part I
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part III
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part II
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part I