Lent Day 2 - LIFE OF CHRIST, by Fulton Sheen
LENT DAY 2 – Thursday February 15
“Every other person who ever came into this world came into it to live. He [Jesus] came into it to die… To Christ, death was the goal and fulfillment of His life… Few of His words or actions are intelligible without reference to His Cross. He presented Himself as a Savior rather than merely as a Teacher. It meant nothing to teach men to be good unless He also gave them the power to be good after rescuing them from the frustration of guilt.
The story of every human life begins with birth and ends with death. In the Person of Christ, however, it was His death that was first and His life that was last. The scripture describes Him as “the Lamb slain as it were, from the beginning of the world.” He was slain in intention by the first sin and rebellion against God. It was not so much that His birth cast a shadow on His life and thus led to His death; it was rather that the Cross was first, and cast its shadow back to His birth. His has been the only life in the world that was ever lived backward… He went from the reason of His coming manifested by His name “Jesus” or “Savior” to the fulfillment of His coming, namely, His death on the Cross.”
(Chapter 1, pg. 30)
- What Man Is This?
- What Child Is This?
- What Babe Is This?
- Why Mary?
- The Tradition of ADVENT
- Joy - Part III
- Joy - Part II
- Joy - Part I
- New Things
- God Sees You
- Choosing One of Two Pains
- So... Who Are You, Lord? - PART III
- So... Who Are You, Lord? - PART II
- So... Who Are You, Lord? - PART I
- Jesus Said: I AM - Part III
- Jesus Said: I AM - Part II
- Jesus Said: I AM - Part I
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part III
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part II
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part I