The Merton Prayer
My Lord God,
I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself,
and the fact that I think I am following your will
does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you.
And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing.
I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road,
though I may know nothing about it.
Therefore will I trust you always,
though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.
I will not fear, for you are ever with me,
and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.
(The Merton Prayer - Thomas Merton, 1915-1968)
- My Neighbours Dirty Laundry
- Stage or Stairwell Living
- Could It Be?
- I Am Doing a New Thing
- Despite The Uphill Road Choose Joy - The Legacy of Geoff Richards
- I Will Dance Until The Music Stops - The Legacy of Geoff Richards
- Life In The Sonlight - The Legacy of Geoff Richards
- Choose Life - The Legacy of Geoff Richards
- The Realm of Grace - Philip Yancey
- Birds Know The Secret
- Because God Sees
- There Are No Shortcuts
- Life Is Like a Teeter Totter
- They Say It Was Squire Boones
- In The Center of the Circle
- If The Clouds Are Full...
- The Mirage Will Become a Pool of Water
- Pursuing a Mirage
- My Life - A Place of Joy
- My Life - A Place of Holiness