Preparing For ADVENT - POEM for CHRIST THE KING, written by Pamela Cranston
Sunday November 25 2018
Preparing For ADVENT...
"Comfort, comfort my people, says your God.
Speak tenderly to Jerusalem,
and cry to her that her warfare is ended,
that her iniquity is pardoned,
that she has received from the Lord's hand
double for all her sins.
A voice cries:
“In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord;
make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Every valley shall be lifted up,
and every mountain and hill be made low;
the uneven ground shall become level,
and the rough places a plain.
And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed,
and all flesh shall see it together,
for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”
POEM for CHRIST THE KING
See how this homeless babe
lifted himself down into his humble Crèche
and laid his tender glove of skin
against that splintered wood –
found refuge in that rack of raspy straw –
home on that chilly dawn,
in sweetest silage,
those shriven stalks.
See how this outcast King
lifted himself high upon his savage Cross,
extended the regal banner of his bones,
draping himself upon his throne –
his battered feet,
his wounded hands
not fastened there by nails
but sewn by the strictest thorn of Love.
- What Man Is This?
- What Child Is This?
- What Babe Is This?
- Why Mary?
- The Tradition of ADVENT
- Joy - Part III
- Joy - Part II
- Joy - Part I
- New Things
- God Sees You
- Choosing One of Two Pains
- So... Who Are You, Lord? - PART III
- So... Who Are You, Lord? - PART II
- So... Who Are You, Lord? - PART I
- Jesus Said: I AM - Part III
- Jesus Said: I AM - Part II
- Jesus Said: I AM - Part I
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part III
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part II
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part I